A Place in the Sun Mortgages is a partnership between A Place in the Sun and leading brokerage service Mortgage Direct offering mortgage advice in Spain and Portugal.
A Place in the Sun Mortgages is super-friendly, professional and 100% transparent. We offer expert advice on mortgages to clients from around the world, negotiating preferential terms and bespoke mortgage solutions with all the main lenders in Spain and Portugal.
With property prices starting to rise and lenders showing an increased appetite to lend on more attractive terms, A Place in the Sun Mortgages is on hand to educate our potential clients before they start the mortgage application process, to ensure they are fully informed from the outset.
Why use A Place in the Sun Mortgages?
- Best mortgage conditions – exclusive to A Place in the Sun Mortgages' clients
- Work with all worldwide banks that lend in Spain and Portugal
- Quotes within 24-48 hours
- Money back guarantee & competitive fees*
- No obligation & fully independent advice
- Professionally qualified advisers (and regulated by the Bank of Spain and Bank of Portugal)
- Maximum loan-to-value (LTV) – the maximum mortgage for non-residents is up to 70% of the purchase price or valuation (if lower).
- Maximum term & age – 25 years with most banks up to a maximum age of 75 years
- Affordability test – in basic terms, around 35% of your net monthly income, after tax, has to cover all monthly debts (including rental payments), plus the new Spanish or Portuguese mortgage payment.
- Cash for purchase – if you qualify for a 70% mortgage, you would need 30% of the property price in cash, plus around 12-13% for the fees and taxes (around 43% of the price in cash).
* please note, there are no fees chargeable for any advice given in Portugal
If you are looking for a mortgage in Spain or Portugal, please get in touch via contact form.
For Spain, Mortgages taken out in currencies other than the currency in which you earn are considered Foreign Currency Mortgages. Changes in the exchange rate may therefore increase the equivalent value of your debt. Under the Mortgage Law 5/2019 banks in Spain have introduced mechanisms to protect consumers from exchange-rate risk. For more information, please speak to your broker.
Mortgage Direct, S.L. is a company registered in the Registro de Intermediarios de Crédito Inmobiliario del BdE with the nº D108.