Digital Marketing and Sales Support
About A Place in the Sun
APITS ltd (A Place in the Sun) is the UK's leading overseas property media brand, launched off the back of the successful Channel 4 TV series. A Place in the Sun magazine first appeared in 2004 followed by A Place in the Sun Live exhibitions in 2005 and later the leading overseas property portal aplaceinthesun.com.
Our website, exhibitions and magazine help British people planning to buy a home overseas find the right advice and the latest properties for sale from around the world.
Do you have a marketing background? Happy to follow up customer enquiries and digitally savvy? Then this varied role working across several areas of our business could be for you.
A Place in the Sun is looking for a Digital Marketing and Sales Support person to join a friendly team in their office near London Bridge. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a well-known brand and to help further develop the profile of aplaceinthesun.com in the overseas property sector.
You will assist the marketing team in producing regular email campaigns and monitoring their performance as well as developing their social media channels. Other marketing duties include uploading content, market research and helping to produce short videos. There will be exhibition marketing to help out with, in addition to attending A Place in the Sun Live exhibitions three times a year.
You will be required to take ownership of private property sellers who wish to advertise on aplaceinthesun.com and help them add their properties to our website and monitor response. Although this is not a targeted sales role, you will need to be confident supporting enquiries over the phone and via email and there is a small commission package to reflect the number of private vendors who choose to list their property with us.
The successful candidate will be required to help support the commercial team with reports and basic technical queries. Training will be given and if you’re both smart and digitally savvy then it is straightforward.
Reporting to the Digital Commercial Manager the main responsibilities include:
- Helping to produce email campaigns throughout the week
- Reporting on the performance of email campaigns
- Assist with social media channels
- Help produce short videos
- Research and collect data
- Provide marketing support to the sales manager and marketing manager
- Work with private property sellers who wish to advertise on aplaceinthesun.com
- Prepare private seller adverts for the exhibition and magazine
- Support the commercial team with reports, basic technical queries and remarketing campaigns
- Attend three A Place in the Sun Live exhibitions throughout the year, all in the UK
- Other tasks as and when required to support the marketing and commercial sales team
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Digital marketing experience (minimum 6 months)
- Analytical approach
- Highly motivated and driven
- Confident on the phone
- Experience with Dotmailer would be advantageous
- Experience in producing videos would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and written English
- Excellent organisational and IT skills
- Degree in marketing