Overseas Property Insurance with A Place in the Sun Insurance

Overseas Property Insurance


A Place in the Sun Insurance is designed around the needs of overseas property owners providing cover for your home and contents abroad with the reassurance of UK-based service and support.

If you've just bought your place in the sun or moved to a new home overseas, you will want to know it is protected. No matter how hard you try to keep your property safe and secure, there is always a risk that your home and contents could be damaged, whether it’s a flood, fire or break-in.

A Place in the Sun Insurance specialises in providing home insurance for properties and mobile homes in the UK and over 20 countries worldwide - our policies cover loss, theft or damage to your property’s building and contents.

The policy features include:*

  • Cover if the property is left unoccupied or rented out
  • Up to £/€1 million for buildings cover
  • Up to £/€5 million for public liability cover
  • Up to £/€100k for contents cover
  • Loss of rent following an insured claim
  • Temporary accommodation following an insured claim
  • Cover available to suit your needs – whether the property is let out or for personal use
  • Legal cover for EU or UK property - correspondence address in UK
  • Optional extras include accidental damage, emergency travel cover and key care
  • In-house claims team with expertise on overseas holiday home risks

Our extensive coverage includes:

  • Fire, flood & storm damage
  • Escape of water and oil
  • Theft and vandalism
  • Accidental damage

(* Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions).

What type of policy?

It's tricky to predict the kind of holiday home insurance cover you may need. Your place in the sun is just like your own home – you may want to consider insuring both the building and your contents.

If you're planning on renting out your holiday home or then you will be pleased to know A Place in the Sun Insurance’s second property insurance includes public liability and loss of rent as standard following an insured claim.

English-speaking team

Staff are English-speakers with all documentation in English, so you can be sure your holiday home insurance is easy to understand and comprehensively designed around the needs of overseas property owners.

On-the-ground assessors

If you need to make a claim, you want things to happen fast. A Place in the Sun Insurance partners with bilingual, local loss adjustors based close to your holiday home. That means they can get the claim process rolling aiming for a faster payout with less hassle.

Unoccupied and lettings cover

Whether you’re in the enviable position of continuous lets, or your property is left unoccupied for a while, second property cover can help protect your assets. If you decide to let your holiday home out (for example, as an Airbnb property), A Place in the Sun Insurance can also cover you for things such as accidental damage, or theft by tenants as an added optional cover.

Public liability

If someone injures themselves while staying in your property, they could make a personal injury compensation claim against you. Public liability cover means that the cost of an injury claim or damage to personal property claim can be covered.

Want to know more?

It's quick and easy to get in touch with A Place in the Sun Insurance. Fill in the form, let us know what kind of holiday home insurance you're looking for and one of our experienced team will be in touch to take you through your options.

A Place in the Sun Insurance is a partnership between A Place in the Sun and Intasure, one of the leading providers of overseas property insurance with the brokerage service provided by Intasure on behalf of A Place in the Sun.

Intasure® is a trading name of Arthur J. Gallagher Insurance Brokers Limited, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered Office: Spectrum Building, 55 Blythswood Street, Glasgow, G2 7AT. Registered in Scotland Company Number: SC108909.

Intasure is a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Nordic AB (formerly called Nordic Försäkring & Riskhantering AB) which is authorised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. Incorporated in Sweden under company number 556418-5014 with registered address at Mölndalsvägen 22, 412 63 Göteborg, Sweden.