Download our Free Guide to Portugal
Updated: Summer 2015
A Place in the Sun produces a series of free guides on buying property abroad to help you make your dream become a reality, safely.
Have you ever dreamed of owning your own little (or not so little) piece of Portugal, maybe a villa or rural retreat where the sun shines most of the year? Our guide is the perfect way to begin your Portuguese property search, covering everything you will need to know from legal considerations, mortgages and where to buy.
So if you're thinking of buying a property in Portugal, download our FREE detailed guide to buying a property in Portugal, sponsored by Ideal Homes Portugal.
What's in the Portugal Property Guide?
- Brexit and your holiday home – it’s brief because nothing has changed and Brits will always be able to buy and enjoy property in Portugal, some of the detail may change and we will have more when it is known.
- Brexit and living permanently in Portugal – if you’re thinking of living in Portugal permanently then now is a good time to make the move and acquire residency rights.
- There's a run-down of the popular areas to buy a property in Portugal, including; the Algarve, the Silver Coast, the Blue Coast, Lisbon, Carvoeiro, Lagos, Loule, Madeira, Portimao, Porto Santo, Quinta da Lago, Tavira, Vale do Lobo and Vilamoura.
- A helpful legal briefing on the main points to consider during the process of purchasing your property including what costs you can expect to pay, and when.
- One service that is often overlooked is transferring your money to Portugal, so we are pleased to have had the support of our online currency partner Smart Currency Exchange, and also online information resource the Overseas Guides Company.
We hope our buying guide to Portugal will inform, enlighten and set you on your way!
Download Guide here
To download your free guide to buying in , please complete the form and hit 'Download Guide'. Please note that you must supply a valid email address to download the guide.
By downloading this guide, you agree to be contacted by the guide's sponsor, the OverseasGuidesCompany and A Place in the Sun. You will be able to opt out of each type of email communication you receive by clicking the 'Manage your subscriptions' link at the bottom of the email.
This page can only be accessed via an official download link.