About Heslop & Platt Solicitors Limited
We are Solicitors & French Law specialists based in Leeds, UK. We deal exclusively with French legal issues for English speaking clients. Our clients are all over the UK and France and in other parts of the world.
We provide quality, professional and efficient French legal advice in a way which is cost transparent and which exceeds the client's expectations.
We can act as your independent legal advisor to ensure you are totally supported and your best interests are protected throughout the transaction.
We provide so much more than a translation.
Although many French notaries will try to explain documents, the language is often a problem. In addition, the French notary will not necessarily be able to draw comparisons with the UK legal system. What is normal and obvious to a French client may be totally alien to you.
As a specialist firm, when you contact our office you are guaranteed to deal directly with an English-speaking French law specialist.
Our team of solicitors and paralegals has extensive knowledge and experience of French law, including French sales and purchases, transfer of French property arising on divorce or separation, probate formalities in France, French inheritance law, French wills and much more
- Expert advice on the sale or purchase of property in France
- Assistance with the transfer of property arising on divorce or separation
- Dealing with probate/succession formalities in France
- Providing French estate planning expertise & drawing up French Wills
- Assistance with debt recovery & securing a charge over French property
- Help with French tax queries
- Arranging the gift of French assets to family members
- Certification & legalisation of Powers of Attorney for use in France