Exhibit at A Place in the Sun Live Birmingham 2024
Our final UK exhibition each year is held at the NEC Birmingham and is now our largest event in terms of visitors. In 2022 we welcomed 5,599 paying visitors, higher than both Manchester and London.
Centrally located in England, Birmingham enjoys a large catchment area pulling in visitors from the north, midlands and south-west of the country and agents have always been excited to present their property portfolios in Birmingham. The NEC is a premium venue easily accessible by plane, train and car while offering a broad range of shops, bars and restaurants on-site.
As with all A Place in the Sun Live exhibitions, we offer visitors the opportunity to meet with estate agents and professional services, such as lawyers and immigration specialists, who can help with an overseas property purchase. The wide-ranging seminar schedule offers the chance to learn from a range of experts and ask questions on the buying process in various destinations. These sessions are designed to inform and inspire visitors to move forward with their buying plans and engage with our unique range of exhibitors.
- Main Hub – Daily seminars with stars from the TV show and a range of property experts with the content mainly generic or Spanish, our most popular country.
- French Village – Bespoke French exhibition area within the main hall including a daily seminar programme on buying and living in France.
- Seminar Theatre – Daily seminars on a range of countries.
Visitor Profile - Birmingham 2022
Our 2022 visitor research show:
- 59% of attendees stated they were looking to buy in the next 12 months
- 51% of attendees had a budget over £150,000, with 31% over £200,000
- Spain was the most popular destination for visitors but Portugal and France attracted more visitors than Manchester and London
- Birmingham attracted visitors for Spain, France, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Italy, Turkey and Florida but the Caribbean was also popular
- Birmingham is the second most popular city for enquiries on com
- 80% of visitors said the exhibition was either much better than expected, better than expected or about what they expected
- 44% of visitors were looking for a holiday home and 48% a permanent residence
- 90% of attendees were over 45
- 64% of attendees travelled over 100 miles to meet exhibitors
What you get as an exhibitor
Your exhibition stand is a contemporary shell scheme structure and the price of your stand includes the walls, carpet, fascia and nameboard, listing in the Show Guide and on the event website. Optional extras include furniture and spotlights.
Included in your stand price is a digital profile for your business with an enquiry form on our website, this will be marketed after the exhibition to those who didn’t attend. The post-show campaign includes email promotion to over 120,000 subscribers plus wider exposure across aplaceinthesun.com
We launched our new magazine-style Show Guide in 2022, a high-quality 100+ page publication given free to all visitors at the exhibition and then made available in digital format to our worldwide digital audience after the event. Your stand booking includes a listing in the Show Guide and for an additional fee, you can promote your business further with a half or full page advert.
Birmingham 2022 Exhibitor Feedback
87% of exhibitors were either very satisfied or quite satisfied with the number of visitors to their stand
93% of exhibitors were either very satisfied or quite satisfied with quality of visitors
87% of exhibitors thought the interaction with A Place in the Sun team before and during the show was either excellent or very good
92% of exhibitors said they would like to attend Manchester 2023, 87% would like to attend London 2023 and 93% plan to come back to Birmingham in 2023
“The Show was a real success, from the display of the stands, to the environment of the exhibition itself and the pleasure that we as exhibitors, get from being part of it. During the three days of the Exhibition, we were always busy, did not even have the chance to eat a sandwich, and got a sore throat!”
“Once again the APITS team surpassed expectations with this great show; the professionalism, marketing and delivery of the event”
“The exhibition in Birmingham was a great weekend for exhibitors and clients alike well organised, great space, easy access , the team at A Place In The Sun did an excellent job”
“We love doing the Place in the Sun Live exhibitions as they are a fantastic platform to promote our country and help people on their buying journey”
Attracting visitors to Birmingham
- National & regional press advertising
- National & regional PR campaign
- TV & Radio advertising
- Online and email marketing campaign
- Google PPC campaign
- Social Media marketing
- TV talent promotion
2024 Rates & Features
The earlier you book, the more choice you will have on the location of your stand within the exhibition hall.
Stand prices TBA
For more information and to see our latest floorplans, complete the form below and we’ll contact you. Alternatively give us a call on +44 (0)20 3207 2927 or email [email protected]