Back To Results

Land for sale

Bordighera, Imperia, Liguria, Italy

£134,093

 [€160,000]

    Features

    Bedrooms0
    Bathrooms0
    FeaturesZIP CODE 18012
    Distance from beach 4 km
    Distance from Nice airport 57 km
    Restaurant bar shops
    Distance from Montecarlo 30 minutes
    Sea view
    Distance from ski resort 68 km
    Plot size1800 m2
    Habitable space209 m2

    Property Description

    STARTING PRICE: € 190.000,00 TODAY PRICE: € 160.000,00
    REF IV850 In Sasso di Bordighera , 4 km from the sea and from the center , 1800 square meters of land for sale with approved planning permission .
    The plot is flat and with easy access .
    You can build a total of 209sqm including warehouse and basement.
    The property is in a very quiet area

    Skype: Patrizia Barone
    Number skype: 010 897 8122

    ZIP CODE 18012
    Distance from Nice airport 57 km
    Distance from Montecarlo 30 minutes
    Distance from ski resort 68 km
    Distance from beach 4 km
    Restaurant bar shops
    Sea view


    BORDIGHERA
    The city “of the Englishs” that inspired Monet, among centuries-old palm trees, well-kept gardens and five-star beaches


    Geography[
    Bordighera is located at 20 km from France and it is possible to see the French coast with a naked eye from the town. Having the "Capo Sant’Ampelio" which protrudes into the sea, it is the southernmost commune of the region. The cape is at around the same latitude of Pisa and features a little church built in the XIth Century for Sant’Ampelio, the patron saint of the city. Since Bordighera is built where the Maritime Alps plunge into the sea it benefits from the Foehn effect which creates a special microclimate that has warmer winters.
    History[
    It seems that has been inhabited by the time of the Palaeolithic era since archaeologic researchers have found signs of human activities in the caves that are situated on the Italian and French coast. The first humans to alter the territory and create a structured society arrived in the VIth Century B.C., they were the Ligures, population from which derives the name of the region, "Liguria" in Italian.
    The name of the city appears for the first time as "Burdigheta" in 1296, in a papal Bill written by Pope Boniface VIII. The area was particularly prosperous during Roman times because it was situated on the via Julia Augusta in the Ist Century B.C. After the fall of the Roman Empire the village was abandoned because of the frequent attacks by pirates and it is only in 1470 that some families of nearby villages such as the Borghetto San Nicolò decided to return to Bordighera. The Moorish pirates started becoming rarer and rarer even though some particularly cruel ones still occasionally happened such as the one by the pirate Hayreddin Barbarossa in 1543. With pirate attacks diminishing the strategic importance of the area became obvious to the Dukes of Savoy and the Republic of Genoa which fought for the territory in the XVIth Century. The small village was quickly transformed into a fortified town and gained importance until it became independent from the rival city "Ventimiglia" in 1683.
    On the 20th of April 1686, the representants of eight villages, Camporosso, Vallebona, Vallecrosia, San Biagio, Sasso, Soldano, Borghetto and Bordighera have a meeting at the "St. Bartholomew Oratory (Bordighera)" to build what will be called "Magnifica comunità degli otto luoghi", which can be translated as: "The magnificent community of the eight locations". The goal of this meeting is to unite and gain independence from the nearby rival city of Ventimiglia . In 1797 Bordighera loses its independence completely and becomes part of the "Palms Jurisdiction", a region that included all of the land from Ventimiglia to Arma di Taggia and had Sanremo as capital.
    The next change of power inside the region comes in 1815 in which the whole Liguria is annexed to the Kingdom of Sardegna after the Congress of Vienna.The Napoleonic influence will however stay and influence the area, a good example of it is the road "La Corniche" which, wanted by Napoleon Bonaparte , will reach Bordighera easing the movement of people and goods and boosting the development of what was once called "Borgo Marina". That zone is what constitutes Bordighera today and the old town is simply called Old Bordighera or High Bordighera due to its position over the hill (in Italian "Bordighera Vecchia" or "Bordighera Alta") Request details
    This property listing (ref: IV850) is an advertisement supplied by Immobiliare Le Reve and does not constitute property particulars. While aplaceinthesun.com (APITS Ltd.) requests all advertisers supply correct details, it does not carry out checks on the information supplied and cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Aplaceinthesun.com recommends seeking independent legal advice prior to any overseas property purchase.

    Share with all your friends