Authentic restored farmhouse full of charm and character features set on 1.3 ha of land in lower Normandy.
The property has been tastefully renovated to provide comfortable family accommodation with a wealth of character features including a huge open granite fireplace, exposed stone walls and beams and the original staircase.
The property is believed to have been built in 1609 and first renovated in 1789. The current modernisation and restoration project was undertaken by the present owners in 2000. The property was thoroughly insulated and re-wired in 2000 and double glazed wood framed windows were installed throughout. Bathrooms, plumbing and a new kitchen were also installed between 2000 and 2001. There are currently 3 bedrooms but the bedroom on the second floor is huge and could easily be divided to provide 3 bedrooms instead of 1.
The property is situated on the Manche/Calvados border and is only 1 hour away from the ferry port at Caen Ouistreham and 3 hours from Paris. Calais is about 4 hours away. The closest airport is Dinard Airport (79 km), slightly further afield are Rennes Airport (101 km), Deauville Airport (105 km), or St. Brieuc Airport (134 km).
The nearest main town is Villedieu-les-Poêles about 10 minutes drive away and Vire is approximately 15 minutes distant. The property is also well placed to pick up the A84 motorway at Pont-Farcy or Villedieu-les-Poêles.
THE ACCOMMODATION :
On the ground floor :
* Living room : 8.35m x 6.10m - Double hardwood doors and 2 windows to the front elevation. Original stairs, which have been carefully restored, to the first floor. Small window and door to the garden room. Exposed stone walls and granite fireplace with Polyflamme open fire. Exposed beams. Tiled floor. Convector heater. Display recess. Feature granite windowsill with warming holes. Open to -
* Dining room : 5.73m x 4.95m - 2 windows to the front elevation. Tiled floor. Exposed beams. Ornate tiled woodburner.
* Kitchen : 3.91m x 3.36m - Window to the rear elevation. Convector heater. Tiled floor. Range of built-in base units with tiled worktops and splashbacks. Inset double sink unit with mixer tap. Space and plumbing for dishwasher. Space for freestanding cooker with extractor over. Space for freestanding fridge/freezer. Exposed stone walls. Sloping ceiling. Skylight. Door to utility room and garage.
* Shower room : Fully tiled shower. Hand basin. Extractor fan.
* Cloakroom : Toilet. Handbasin. Tiled floor. Extractor fan.
* Garden/games room : 8.16m x4.18m - Glazed double doors and side panels opening on to the covered terrace to the east elevation. Exposed stone walls. Skylight. Windows to the north elevation. Tiled floor.
* Utility area : 2.82m x 2.02m - Double ceramic sink unit and mixer tap. Plumbing for washing machine. Hot water cylinder. Door to kitchen.
* Storage areas with door to garage.
On the first floor:
* Landing : Wooden floor. Stairs to second floor. Electrics.
* Bedroom 1 : 5.9m x 4.8m - 2 windows to the front elevation and one to the rear. Granite fireplace. Exposed beams. Heating vent from living room fireplace. 2 convector heaters.
* Bathroom : 2.82m x 2.08m - Window to the front elevation. Bath with mixer tap. Fully tiled walls. Heated towel rail. Vanity unit. Walk in shower.
* Cloakroom : Fully tiled walls and floor. Toilet.
* Bedroom 2 : 5.46m x 4.64m - 2 windows to the front elevation and window to the rear. Wooden floor. 2 electric radiators. Exposed beams. Granite fireplace.
On the second floor:
* Bedroom 3 : This room could easily be divided into another 2 or 3 bedrooms with a bathroom. There are windows to the front and rear elevations. Eaves storage cupboards. Vent for heating with accelerator. Sloping ceiling. Wooden floor. Exposed "A" frame beams.
* Double electric gates lead to a gravel drive, parking area and the attached double garage (6.21m x 5.53m) with 2 sliding wooden doors to the front elevation. Electrics.
* There is a loft over which has a dormer window which would be easily converted.
* The mature gardens are enclosed by mature hedges to give a high degree of privacy. It is mainly laid to lawn with established trees and shrubs.
* There is a large terrace to the front of the property with outside lights and a covered outside seating area to the rear of the property which is accessed via the garden room.
* To the end of the property there is a large woodshed which can also be accessed via the garden room and covered seating area.
* Pretty thatched round outbuilding used for a garden room (restored in 1991).
* Paddock with barn for stabling, etc. Separate paddock with source which would lend itself to creating a pond.
* Mains water, electricity and telephone are connected.
* Drainage to an all water septic tank (installed in 2001).
* Electric heating and Polyflamme open fire.
* Hot water is supplied by a 300l hot water cylinder.
* Broadband internet connection.
This property listing (ref: MFH-NOR511) is an advertisement supplied by My-French-House.com and does not constitute property particulars. While aplaceinthesun.com (APITS Ltd.) requests all advertisers supply correct details, it does not carry out checks on the information supplied and cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. Aplaceinthesun.com recommends seeking independent legal advice prior to any overseas property purchase.