Holiday home insurance


As the proud owner of a holiday home - overseas or in the UK - it’s important to get the right protection for your property. Despite your best efforts to keep the property safe and secure, in the event of an accident like a burst pipe, or even a break-in, the right home insurance policy can be invaluable.

Furthermore, if you intend to let your property to tenants during the times you’re not there, then you’ll need to make sure you’re covered for commercial usage, not just family-use.

The primary things to look out for:

Adequate Building & Contents Insurance
– the same as you would have for your primary residence - to protect building and belongings in the event of damage. Check for specific security measures required to ensure your policy is valid. Try and find a policy that covers theft by non-forcible entry, so you’re insured if any windows are left open. You might want to make sure outdoor furniture is covered as well as indoor. Check how long you can leave your property unoccupied without invalidating your cover.

Public Liability Cover
– if you’re letting your property, this is important. This will cover you against any claims a guest makes against you if they injure themselves while staying in your property. An indemnity of £3m+ is recommended, so you’re protected against claims up to this value. Make sure that your public liability insurance extends to cover any accidents involving your swimming pool.

A Place in the Sun
has partnered with Intasure, the leading second homes insurance provider, to save you up to 40% on your policy, and make certain you're protected against all eventualities. Intasure provide cover for homes in the UK; and in over 50 countries overseas.  

Click here for a quote

Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority and with years of experience, every Intasure policy is underwritten by Lloyds of London and other international insurers, and offers a host of benefits.  

Here are some approximate home insurance prices, with and without accidental damage cover: 

Three-bed villa with pool in the Costa Blanca with £10,000 contents:
£322 without accidental damage cover  -  £352 with accidental damage cover

Three-bed villa (shared pool) in Fethiye, Turkey, with £10,000 contents:
£318 without accidental damage cover  -  £348 with accidental damage cover

Three-bed townhouse in the Algarve, Portugal, with £10,000 contents:
£257 without accidental damage cover  -  £280 with accidental damage cover

Two-bed ski apartment in the French Alps with £5,000 contents:
£193 without accidental damage cover  -  £209 with accidental damage cover

English Speaking Customer Service Team

One of the key advantages gained when you take out an Intasure policy is their UK-based, English speaking team who will help resolve any problems that may arise. In addition, all policy documentation is written in English - so you know exactly what you are getting.

Second home insurance cover is available for UK residents and expatriates with holiday homes in the UK, Austria, Brazil, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Morocco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, (including Dubai) with more being added.



Sponsored by

A Place in the Sun partners with Intasure for all your overseas property home insurance needs

Insurance News and Features

Sign-up to our