Since its inception in 2006, Mortgage Direct has grown to become Spain’s leading independent mortgage broker. During this time we have developed close relationships with lenders, agents, lawyers and other professionals in the industry, giving us a deep understanding of the market in which we operate.
Our service is super-friendly, professional and 100% transparent. We offer expert advice on Spanish mortgages to clients from around the world, negotiating preferential terms and bespoke mortgage solutions with all the main lenders.
With property prices in Spain starting to rise and lenders showing an increased appetite to lend on more attractive terms, more mortgage brokers are entering the market. We endeavour to continue to provide the very best advice and to achieve the best mortgage conditions for our clients. We aim to educate our potential clients before they start the mortgage application process, to ensure they are fully informed from the outset.
Why use Mortgage Direct?
- Best mortgage conditions – exclusive to Mortgage Direct’s clients
- Work with all worldwide banks that lend in Spain
- Quotes within 24-48 hours
- Money back guarantee & competitive fees
- No obligation & fully independent advice
- Professionally qualified advisers (UK FSA registered)
- Maximum loan-to-value (LTV) – the maximum mortgage for non-residents is 70% of the purchase price or valuation (if lower).
- Maximum term & age – 25 years with most banks up to a maximum age of 75 years
- Affordability test – in basic terms, 30-35% of your net monthly income, after tax, has to cover all monthly debts (including rental
payments), plus the new Spanish mortgage payment.
- Cash for purchase – if you qualify for a 70% mortgage, you would need 30% of the property price in cash, plus around 12-13% for the fees and taxes (around 40% of the price in cash).
Find us on:
- Recommendation of the most suitable bank financing in Spain
- Help with opening a Spanish bank account
- Assistance with the valuation (and structural survey if necessary)
- Recommendation of lawyer, foreign exchange company or tax advisor (if required)
- Oversee the buying process through from start to finish