About Stone King
If you’re buying or selling a property in Spain you’ll want expert legal advice.
Stone King LLP is a fully regulated firm of English solicitors ‘of the senior courts of England & Wales’ which has been trusted by clients for over 230 years.
Our specialist team of international and cross-border lawyers are able to deal with practically every jurisdiction of the world.
We can help you regardless of where you are resident in the world and regardless of where your assets are based. We do not necessarily have to meet you face-to-face.
“Through our partner lawyers in Spain we are able to help you, not only with Spanish law and UK law, but importantly also with the ‘conflicts of laws’ that arise between Spain and the UK, ensuring that the advice you receive in one jurisdiction is fully compatible with the other,” said Daniel Harris, Head of Stone King’s International and Cross-Border Team.
“Make no mistake, the Spanish and English legal systems are very different and we can ensure that you are receiving compatible and complementary succession and taxation advice in both jurisdictions, thereby protecting your interests and those of your families."
“As well as acting for UK nationals we also act for citizens of other countries with assets in Spain, the UK, or elsewhere.”
Stone King is able to help you negotiate the myriad of legal cultural differences and procedures you will face, which are often not recognised by ‘local’ lawyers, when dealing with the matters listed below:
- The sale or purchase of property in Spain
- Separate and (importantly) compatible wills to cover Spanish and English assets
- Help with the legal steps following the death of a loved one in Spain
- Estate planning - for both succession and taxation purposes in the UK and Spain
- Ensuring your loved ones receive your assets in Spain and the UK and in the most tax efficient manner
- UK and Spanish inheritance tax issues
- Gifts of Spanish assets
- The correct application of the European Succession Regulation EU650/2012 (Brussels IV) to your UK and Spanish assets
- The correct application of the European Matrimonial property regime EU2016/1103 and the Civil Partnership Regime EU2016/1104 to your UK and Spanish circumstances
- The transfer of property on divorce or separation
- Multi-jurisdictional expertise - so help where you have assets in more than merely Spain and the UK