We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
Writer / Content Producer - aplaceinthesun.com
A Place the Sun, the UK’s favourite website for overseas property buyers, is looking for a content producer/web writer to produce and manage its online content.
The role includes the writing, sourcing and production of editorial, images and promotional copy for use on the website, in mailers and for wider online usage.
The content producer will contribute to the management and structuring of the web content in line with the site plan to ensure its SEO value and maximum reach.
You will be bursting with ideas for engaging readers on our online and social media platforms – covering everything from news and features on the latest property-buying destinations and trends, interviewing homeowners and key industry players, gathering market intelligence, and producing reports and guides.
Main areas of responsibility
1) Managing content across the site, ensuring it is up-to-date, relevant and useful
2) Sourcing and writing editorial content such as guides, news and blogs
3) Commissioning and editing content from external contributors
4) Developing new areas of the site to engage our audience
5) Contributing editorial to regular email newsletters for our subscriber base
6) Using editorial to highlight properties for sale listed on the site
7) Editing existing magazine content for use online
8) Promotion of content through social media
9) Managing partner-generated and user-generated content
10) Securing coverage of our original content by other media
11) Researching case-studies of people who have purchased overseas
12) Using our extensive network of market contacts to better inform users of news and market trends
13) Monitoring site traffic and reporting on performance
• Journalism, including writing for websites
• Editing and proof-reading copy
• Understanding of social media and new channels for content promotion
• Writing of promotional content
• Writing of press releases
• Knowledge of content management systems
• Eye for design and images
• Understanding of site structure and template hierarchy
• Understanding of analytics tools
Location and hours
This role is based at our London Bridge office and is full time.
Reporting line and salary
Reporting to the Managing Director, £26,000 - £30,000 depending on experience.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com
a copy of your CV, a cover letter outlining how your
experience fits our criteria and three ideas for new feature slots for A Place in the Sun